Drywall Repair Charlottesville VA
We are a premier drywall repair and installation services company. Small drywall repairs are always complementary in the purchase of any of our interior painting packages but we do also offer it as a standalone service.
Our experts know how to repair cracks, tapes, and corners, remove texture and wallpaper, and provide a smooth, beautifully finished wall.
Whether you require repairs to your current walls or full installation of brand new walls, our experts will do it the right way. Our company will repair or install completely new drywall and leave your walls entirely finished including paint and primer.
Our Process to Get Your Walls Looking Sharp Again!
Small nail holes and chips are treated with fast-drying spackle. Larger holes or cracks that are deep need a joint solution that is first combined with water to harden before application to the walls. These compounds are available as a powder and have varied setting times with a range spanning anywhere from 5, 60, or 90 minutes. Patching compounds available in stores today are very easy to sand and because of the light weight, they don’t sag even the slightest, which allows the filling of giant holes even to the surface level. Certain holes may require the application of stick-on mesh patches over the deformed spot before getting covered with several thin layers of joint setting solution.
Causes of Drywall Damage
Drywall happens to be easily vulnerable to wear and tear and other types of damage that necessitate choosing an expert contractor such as ours. Found below are some of the most common causes of drywall damage:
- Water damage caused by a leak from a broken water line. Even though drywall is pretty strong, when it’s exposed to water for long durations it may become damaged.
- Moisture and humidity variation may cause your wall’s plasterboard or gypsum board to expand or shrink.
- Installation defects like over-cuts using a drywall knife at corners of openings, or inadequate joint finishing.
- Damaged drywall cornerbead that takes a lot of mishandling may become dented and damaged over time.
- Pesky termite home invasion. Even though termites don’t necessarily eat the drywall, termites will eat the paper and glue attached to the drywall board. When the wall becomes wet, the paper holds water and lets them in. They will nest between your painted wall and your drywall as they eat their way across the walls.
- Frost heaving home foundations can also cause differential movement in home walls that lead to tears or cracks in plasterboard, gypsum board, or drywall.
- Furniture scuff marks when moving heavy or bulky furniture around your home can dig into the drywall and cause damage.
- Popping nails through your home’s drywall that hasn’t been adequately fastened.
Our Drywall Services Charlottesville VA
- Ceiling Repairs of Holes & Cracks
- Wall Repairs of Holes & Cracks
- Plaster Repairs
After the cracks or holes are patched, they need to be allocated ample time to dry, we recommend 24 hours or one whole day, before the walls can be sanded. Sanding will create a lot more dust than assumed, so our experts place drop cloths or plastic on floors and furniture to protect them from dust and damage. When done correctly, sanding takes patience and knowhow to achieve an even and smooth finished wall. It’s very important the job gets done right because once the paint is applied, any blemishes will become a lot more noticeable.